Have you ever found yourself staring at your Christmas tree, wishing it were a little more festive?
Or maybe you’ve had to hide the tacky ornaments from your family because they make you feel guilty about how much money you spend on them.
If so, we have some good news for you: it’s not too late to start planning your house decoration now! We’ve put together a few tips on how to get started.
1- Start Early
You want to get your house ready for the holidays, but you don’t want to spend all your time before the big day decorating. Here’s how to start early:
- Decide on the theme of your holiday decorations and list things that go with that theme. Then, find or create materials that match your chosen feel.
- Think about what kind of mood you want your home to be in when guests arrive at Christmas time—for example, if they’re coming from far away, they might not want a lot of bright lights or loud music. If they’re coming close by and staying overnight, they might appreciate some quiet time spent in their own space.
- Decide what kind of room each item goes in and arrange accordingly so that guests can have a good experience throughout their stay with you!
- Assess your needs: Do you need more lights? Are there things missing from your collection that would make a big difference (like a snowman or reindeer)? Do you need some new decorations? Is there space for new furniture?
- Keep an eye on sales: There are many ways to get discounts on things like furniture and decorations—some of which require no extra work on your part at all (like waiting until Black Friday).
2- Install Christmas lights
You can’t just slap some lights up and call it a holiday!
You need to plan ahead to get the most out of your lights. Start by finding out what kind of incandescent or LED bulbs you have—some only work with certain types of fixtures, and you’ll want to make sure yours are compatible. Then think about where you want to put your lights so that they’re easy to access when you want them.
Once you’ve figured out your lights, it’s time for installation! Wear all the necessary electrical safety equipment and take precautions when dealing with electricity.
But what if you need help? What if it’s your first time putting up all those strands of bulbs? Or maybe you don’t know where to start?
You can hire professional Christmas lights installers in Naperville and other areas. They will install your holiday lights with grace and ease, taking care of every last detail so you can focus on what matters most: getting into bed early after an exhausting day of shopping.
3- Know what you have and don’t have
So you’re in the holiday spirit and want to decorate your house like crazy.
But where do you start?
First, figure out what you have and don’t have. Are there any really big pieces of furniture that are missing? If you’ve got some decorations in boxes somewhere, grab them out and set them up! If not, maybe it’s time to get started on that sweater-inspired tree.
Following this tip will save you on buying things you already have. The amount saved could buy other decorations for a more colorful holiday celebration.
If you’re like most people, you have a little bit of everything in your home. You might have a fancy dining room and a kid’s room that looks like a tornado hit it. But there’s one thing we all have in common: our homes are full of memories and meaning. And this holiday season, we want to make sure those memories aren’t lost because we didn’t plan for decorating! So, use the above tips for the best holiday decoration experience.